Friday, February 5, 2010

MY PILLAR; MY RAIN

I came to this life gasping for breath.
You held me close and prayed for my weakling health.
You mused on me and prayed that I grow in bonny length.
Through the mercy of Lord I play every day in the beauty of heath.
In your push and God’s will I swim in bliss and so much wealth.

Through the years; through so much pain
I have lost not much gain.
Through the heat and life’s plain
I have found there in you, my pillar; my rain.
Nothing you gave me ever went; never went down the drain.
They are stuck right in me when I reminisce in my brain;
I adore you mummy; your life was never in vain

In solitude I shed tears;
But in my heart I have no fears;
For I grab your God’s spears,
In this life no enemy dears
Through your will God sure hears.

My mummy; my chummy
You sold me no dummy
My mummy oh mummy
You made me warm-homely;

The very day you were gone
I felt I was shot with a den gun.
As you lay in your home, recall you are my precious love.
I see your face in the skyline; in my heart there above.
When in need of inner peace, I play your words and your dove
I see your smiling face when I do things aright
And I recall your scowling face before HIS sterling light
Insisting I maintain the right and be so bright;
What a life oh mummy: forever shining snow white!

Today in my prime through your wisdom and ways, mummy I stand so tall
They always sign me up in search of clear ways, and mummy I speak to the hall;
They marvel at my free flow in concert with what you have done
In my mind I thank our Lord for the wonders though you have gone.
Adieu oh mummy smile to me till we meet
Adieu oh mummy sing for me dance to the beat
Adieu oh mummy you are alive in my heart

Ali Baba Yakubu
20th March 2009

2 comments:

  1. this is a very.......infact words alone cannot describe this piece......it made me shed tears.....our mothers are so wonderful.....i love this piece Aliby......thumbs up!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rukayyah for the thump ups, invaluable affections and encouragements...
    I will soon post a piece that would wipe off your tears....
    I pray that one day your son would post something more intimate than this about u in years to come. Keep smiling; keep shining; keep dreaming: It will come to pass if you strive hard on it...

    ReplyDelete