Wednesday, August 18, 2010

BLISSFUL DAY (A Poem)

And the girl came near my car window
Looking charming; smiling like a widow
I smiled back at her holding back my tears
In a controlled rage i told God all my fears
I reached into my pocket to buy her wears.

I do not need it but i must show i care
Lest i die and God shows me HIS fire.
Tell me why, oh why, we worship our desire
Leaving other souls in agonizing despair?

I know someday we shall answer our deeds
Regardless of age, colour or spiritual creeds
I know someday we shall stand on heavenly weeds
To smile so less, in trembling fears; as some of us weeps.

Oh Lord of our blood, save our souls; make us smile
Oh Lord of our bones, take us along paradise isle
Oh Lord of our soul, take us along righteous mile
Oh Lord of our life, kill our greed and inner vile.

Before that day comes, Oh Lord, show us Your way
Show us the majesty of your mercy and Heavenly ray
Touch the hearts of our kings so we can dance in Your sway
Make it so our children get a new deal: to visit no sick bay
Make it so every day is none but a blissful merriment day.

I close my eyes only to see them dancing; holding sweet creams
In joyful laughter, they run through Your garden; in “belleful” screams
In praises to Your name, the parents sat across heavenly streams.
I woke up to pray to You: Oh Dear lord, make it real as seen in our dreams.


Ali Baba Yakubu
27th May 2010

2 comments:

  1. Another great one from Aliby visions! I love reading your poems. They add meaning to my life. This one is a great cautionary piece that all that glitters is not gold, and that our purpose here to our Lord. We must keep our focus on HIM and avoid "charming" temptations. Thanks bro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply inspiring and absolutely deep,a well of intelligence.Not for the dumb hearted.Keep the fire aflame Ali.Towing your path.

    ReplyDelete