Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Picture of My Heart (A Poem)

If i should paint the picture of my heart,
I will choose red, and yellow; to show am hurt,
I will depict tears and anguish; for all the hate,
I will depict fears and hopelessness for heaven's gate.


I will paint a big question mark: gnawing for answers,
I will paint a sign post invoking Almighty's powers,
To stop these senseless bloodletting showers,
To stop the madness and devilish prowess.


When shall we have peace in Plateau?
When shall we have a national chateau?
Where compassion dwells with love,
Where lives heavenly peaceful dove.


Rest in peace past and present Plateau victims.
Rest in peace Bako Haram's Tom-Ibrahims.
Rest in peace decency, love and peace.
Rest in peace leadership and eternal bliss.


Ali Baba Yakubu
26th December 201

No comments:

Post a Comment